Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sincerely

This week marks my first contribution to Sincerely 'Fro Me To You, a blog carnival hosted by Kristen from We Are THAT Family.

Here is a lovely photo dating back to the winter of 1986. Mullet-Man and Wing Girl. That's the (future) Hubby and I, deeply in love for all of 4 months, smiling at the mall photographer from inside the attractive, sparkling wine glass. Well, I'm smiling, anyway. The (future) Hubby isn't so much smiling as he is staring straight ahead with a sort of stunned expression on his face. You see, I had cut school and followed him to the mall in my father's Z28 Camaro. And then followed him around the mall parking lot a little too closely. And then ran my father's Z28 Camaro into the back of the (future) Hubby's black TransAm. So basically the (future) Hubby is thinking, "What the heck am I doing here with this crazy, heathen child??" And I'm thinking, "Better smile while I can, cause once my dad finds out about skipping school and wrecking his car, I'm not going to be smiling for a looooong, loooong time!"

Please overlook the poor quality of this cherished photo. You see, it has traveled quite a lot in the past 22 years and it was stuck to the glass in the frame.

If you'd like to have a few more laughs, click Here.
You'll be glad you did!

13 comments:

jennifer said...

LOVE the photo in a Wineglass. You did look happy!

How long were you grounded?

Jen

We are THAT Family said...

Wow! I am so jealous of the wine glass 'frame.' It just cries 1980s!

Valarie said...

Yep that look on his face says

"Dude, I can't believe I wrecked my car"

Yours is saying

"I am so happy I am here with him, even though I am in big trouble when I get home."

P.S. He loves you... said...

Yeah he did look a little ...scared. What about that frame!

Carol said...

OMG! I love it!! Love the backstory too!

I met my hubby in '87,I'm the mom to TWO college freshman and one highschool sophomore too and I've been married to that man for 20 years. Sadly though, I don't have a picture of us in a wine glass.:(
How awesome to "meet" you today!

Crayl said...

WOW, I have never seen a wineglass photo, so classy. I am glad he got over you hitting his car, and you obviously survive the wrath of your father too.

Ramblings of Kimberly said...

oh my the wineglass photos!! I havent seen one of those in a long time!! Great backstory too!

Welcome to the circus!!!

Mrs. N. said...

Love it!! So glad you joined the party

D... said...

What a clever picture! Ya'll are way too adorable!

Muthering Heights said...

I've never seen a "wineglass" photo, but yours is very cute!

Zen Ventures said...

That is such a classic story! I have seen a lot of those in 80's movies! You sure you're not in a movie that time? LOL! love the 80's hair though. And that smile of yours sure say, I better smile my last smile! :)
Well, I was just stopping by to say HI!

Tammy said...

I am positive I have never ever seen a photo enclosed in a wine glass. Precious!

The Momster said...

I can't get over how my The Oldest looks like him - and how my Darling Daughter looks like you - in this picture! WOW

Love the wineglass. :)