Saturday, August 30, 2008

Meet Quatro

I've been struggling for a while now to come up with a Blog Name for Twin #1. There is no way to shorten his name. He's tall & lanky, but "Stretch" just doesn't fit. Neither could I call him Rake, Stick Boy, Quirky, Green Eyes or Motor Mouth. Completely confounded, I turned to the boy himself. What sort of a Blog Name do you want? What should it be? And well, he came up with it all on his own.
May I introduce you to twin number one..."Quatro".

Now you may ask, "Why Quatro?" or "What the...???" Let me explain his logic. Twin #1 was named after The Hubby. Who was named after his dad. Who was named after HIS dad. Our child is not officially "The Fourth" anything, since they all have different middle names. Also, we don't call Twin #1 by his first name. Mostly because no one knows how to say it. Except family. Everywhere Hubby goes people mispronounce his name. He doesn't mind, because he's grown up with people stumbling over his name. I didn't want my son to go through that. So, he goes by his middle name. But still. He's the fourth boy in the family to bear the name...and he's taken a little Spanish here and there at school...so he determined that Quatro should be his name.
Plus...it sounds cool.
A few things about Quatro:
  1. He loves math, reading and history. Hates putting thoughts on paper and has the handwriting of a drunk dog with a pencil tied to his tail.
  2. He has a HUGE imagination. He's been known to go all day with one arm strapped behind his back because he wanted to know what it was like to live with one arm. During thunderstorms, he closes his eyes and pretends he's a fighter pilot with bombs dropping all around him...helps him get to sleep he says. Whatever works.
  3. The boy can pray like a professional televangelist! I kid you not. Whenever there's a need for someone to pray, he steps right up and leads the crowd, whether kids or adults, with enthusiasm and maturity that most 11 year old boys don't possess. It's awesome.
  4. He has no problem functioning without sleep. He stayed up all night last night and is still wide awake and bouncing off the walls. He's driving me batty. I'm tired just thinking about it.
  5. Give the child a list of instructions and he can clean like nobody's business!
  6. When he sets a goal, nothing stands in his way.
  7. He's got an amazing set of lips, a terrific head of hair and sparkly, light green eyes. Some girl's going to try to steal him away in a few years, I just know it.
  8. He does not plan to live right next door when he grows up (like Pip does) but he promises I can come to his home in the mountains for a visit once in a while.

Thank you for allowing me to introduce you to my very special boy. There's no one else like him. Just look at that smile! Those twinkling eyes! That's my Quatro.

1 comment:

AZ Chapman said...

Hay Quatro can y tell me how to opperate without sleep?

thanks
AZ