Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of Fifth Grade


My Best Shot Monday isn't a fabulous photograph or artistic shot. We take these pictures every year. For the past 8 years, the first-day-of-school photo has included all four kids. This year I couldn't catch the Darling Daughter. She was busy reapplying eyeliner or fluffing her hair or text messaging about where to meet or something. The oldest was sound asleep since he has no early morning classes. So only my 5th graders posed this morning. Headed off to begin their year as the big dudes on campus. The oldest kids on the playground. The ones who know the ropes. Oh yes, they were full of confidence...until we GOT to school. Then the nerves hit.

But they'll be OK. They have each other.



For more fabulous photos...even more fab than mine...please head over to Best Shot Monday.


7 comments:

melody is slurping life said...

Your words brought back first days of school for me. Your guys are handsome, and I have confidence that they will find their place just fine.

The Momster said...

I hope they both have such a fantastic day - I cannot wait to hear about it!

Mia's Mama said...

Ohhh I was always so nervous before the first day of a new school year, but 5th grade was the best!
Your guys look ready to take on the world!

Jo said...

we start back in September and we also take the first day of school pictures....kids don't like it but they do it to make their mom happy. lol

D is in 8th grade and is looking forward to being the big dude od the school. lol

lets us know how their day went.

Joanna said...

I think I can see their nerves in this picture! You captured the precious moments moms cherish perfectly.

natalie said...

They LOOK like 5th graders!!! Oh, my second grade teacher self is giggling about that. So proud that you got them to stand there for their first day pictures.

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

First day of school!!! Ours starts Wednesday. You'll be glad you capture the picture. I have fun looking back at my son's. He protests now, but I make him do it!!!