Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Now he's cooking!

With Cerebral Palsy, sometimes it's difficult to maintain balance long enough to do simple things without making a huge mess...like pouring your own glass of tea. It's often easier to ask your twin to do it for you. We continue to encourage independence, though, since your twin may not always be right at your side.
This week the Pip Squeak made dessert all by himself. Twice. He was so excited he could hardly contain himself. He picked out all of the ingredients, scanned them through the do-it-yourself check out, paid the cashier, unloaded the things from the car at home, and then followed the recipe to make Oreo Pie, using the electric mixer and whisking things together. Notice how hard he's trying NOT to grin in the picture? And the chair he's kneeling in so that he's tall enough to reach the counter. He was very proud of himself! And the pie was DELICIOUS!
So good that he had to make another one last night.

9 comments:

Tricia said...

That is awesome. He can make me something anytime. Haylee loves to cook too.
http://littlehandbigheart.com

melody is slurping life said...

Fabulous! I can see his concentration in this photo. He can send an Oreo pie my way anytime.

My Wil (CP) knows those balance issues well, so I really understand this accomplishment. (Melody 5MFSN)

Kari said...

WOW he is doing fantastic! Really love the face you can totally tell he is tryng not to smile.

Julie said...

Fantastic!! Some of these success stories are getting me all teary eyed. :) I'm loving it, though!! Thanks for sharing.

Tammy and Parker said...

Okay. You just totally made my day here. I'm grinning from ear to ear.

Micki said...

He looks so proud of himself, and he should be!

I'm so craving Oreos now, LOL!

Jo said...

good for him. I love the look on their faces when they are so proud of themselves.
Can he share his recipe with me?

Frogs' mom said...

Congratulations to your budding chef - it's always the desserts that get them!

poppy fields said...

That's great. My girls have discovered and love Oreos, I bet they would like that dessert.