Monday, July 28, 2008

Need more time? I've found it!

Moms, ever felt that you needed just ONE more hour in the day in order to get everything done? Me too...because if the day was just a little bit longer...right? Apparently we all need to move to Alabama.

Yesterday morning the topic of discussion before Sunday School was Darling Daughter's "Episode with Screwdriver", which is explained one post down. I asked one of the men why on earth they had seen fit to give my teenager anything more dangerous than a SPOON. I mean, they all know my daughter. And I love her dearly, but let's face it...she's a bit of a dingbat sometimes. Power tools?? No way.

His reply? "Well, I knew it wasn't a good idea when I saw her with it. Anybody who thinks the way she does...when we went on the mission trip last year (to Talladega, Alabama) I reminded the kids that there was a one hour time difference between South Carolina and Alabama. Do you know what your daughter asked me?"

Do I WANT to know? Probably not.

She said, "So in Alabama they have twenty-FIVE hours in a day? Cooooolll!"

Yes, ladies, if you find that there just isn't enough time in your day, move to Alabama. And for all you South Carolina residents...I'm warning you now...she's taking the test for her DRIVER'S PERMIT today...get OFF the ROADS!!

1 comment:

SAH in Suburbia said...

Ha ha, this post was toooo funny!